This calculator will help you to calculate your body fat percentage when using a skin fold caliper. The body fat calculations are based on the *Jackson/Pollock 7-Site Caliper Method.
A skin fold test with a special skin-fold caliper is considered to be the more accurate way to estimate body fat percentage than methods that use simple tape measurements.
In addition to the features common to most other online body fat calculators, this one also includes:
- Standard and metric options.
- Pictures showing where on the body the caliper measurements should be taken from, for both males and females.
- Built-in, mini, popup calculators that do all of the averaging and converting for you.
- A dynamic pie chart that graphically compares your fat weight to lean body weight.
If you don't have a skin fold caliper, I suggest you try the Military Body Fat Calculator instead, which only requires a tape measure and 2 or 3 body part measurements.
Or, if you do have a skin fold caliper but would prefer fewer than 7 sites, feel free to use the 3-Site Body Composition Calculator, which is based on a 3-site skin fold test.
* Jackson, A.S. & Pollock, M.L. (1978) Generalized equations for predicting body density of men. British J of Nutrition, 40: p497-504.
* Jackson, et al. (1980) Generalized equations for predicting body density of women. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 12:p175-182.